Wednesday 26 January 2011

Organisation of Pictures on draft

I had in total, 12 different pictures that I took for my draft magazine. I chose eight of them and used them on my front cover, my contents page and my double page spread. I came to the idea of using certain pictures for certain parts of the magazine because of the positions that I planned to put them in.

I also decided where I would put the pictures depending on how they would fit into the magazine and the headlines next to them.

For the main image I went with a colour scheme because of the colour of the mast head. I decided to use a picture of my brother with his blue hood because the original masthead was blue as well.

I cropped the rest of the pictures on the front cover to a much smaller size than they were orignally so as to not distract the attention of the main image.

There is a need for vast improvements on the contents page as there are no cropped pictures and they don't fit the headlines. On the improved version of my contents page I will space them out differently and use more suitable font on the headlines.

On the Double page spread of the magazine The image above the writing is of my sister in early autumn scenery. I picked that because it showed her in a model-like pose, which relates to the headline which talks about her being a model.

I croped the images on paint and then copied and pasted them to word. I inserted text boxes into the main image and one of the images on the Double page spread on word.

This is the main image for the front cover
This is one of the double page spread draft images

No comments:

Post a Comment